Making your support needs a priority.
Eligible, commercially insured patients may pay as little as $0 per month for VIZIMPRO.* There are no income requirements, forms, or faxing to enroll.
When you enroll in Pfizer Oncology Together, we'll connect you with a dedicated Care Champion who can offer you resources to help with some of your daily challenges.
Helpful Questions & Answers
Questions about VIZIMPRO are answered below.
What is VIZIMPRO?
VIZIMPRO is a prescription medicine used to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic).
- VIZIMPRO is used as a first treatment if your tumor has certain types of abnormal epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) gene(s).
Your healthcare provider will perform a test to make sure that VIZIMPRO is right for you. It is not known if VIZIMPRO is safe and effective in children.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before taking VIZIMPRO?
Before taking VIZIMPRO, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- have frequent diarrhea.
- have a history of lung or breathing problems other than lung cancer.
- are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. VIZIMPRO can harm your unborn baby.
Females who are able to become pregnant:
- Your healthcare provider should do a pregnancy test before you start treatment with VIZIMPRO.
- You should use effective birth control (contraception) during treatment and for at least 17 days after your last dose of VIZIMPRO. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control methods that may be right for you during this time.
- Tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant during your treatment with VIZIMPRO.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if VIZIMPRO passes into your breast milk. Do not breastfeed during treatment and for at least 17 days after your last dose of VIZIMPRO. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby during this time.
Tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. VIZIMPRO and other medicines or supplements may affect each other causing side effects.
How should I take VIZIMPRO?
- Take VIZIMPRO exactly as your healthcare provider tells you.
- Take your dose at approximately the same time each day.
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose, temporarily stop, or permanently stop treatment with VIZIMPRO if you have side effects.
- Take VIZIMPRO 1 time each day with or without food.
- If you take an antacid or H2 blocker medicine during treatment with VIZIMPRO, take your dose of VIZIMPRO at least 6 hours before or 10 hours after taking the antacid or H2 blocker medicine. Do not change your dose or stop taking VIZIMPRO unless your healthcare provider tells you.
- If you vomit or miss a dose of VIZIMPRO, do not take another dose or make up for the missed dose. Take your next dose at your regular time.
What should I avoid during treatment with VIZIMPRO?
Minimize exposure to sunlight. VIZIMPRO can cause skin reactions. See "What are the possible side effects of VIZIMPRO?"
What are the possible side effects of VIZIMPRO?
VIZIMPRO may cause serious side effects, including:
- Lung or breathing problems. VIZIMPRO may cause severe inflammation of the lung that may lead to death. Symptoms may be similar to those symptoms from lung cancer. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any new or worsening lung symptoms, including trouble breathing or shortness of breath, cough, or fever.
- Diarrhea. Diarrhea is common during treatment with VIZIMPRO, and can be severe and lead to death. Diarrhea can cause you to lose too much body fluid (dehydration). Your healthcare provider may tell you to start drinking more fluids or start taking your anti-diarrheal medicines. Tell your healthcare provider right away, if you have any loose stools or have stools more often than is normal for you.
- Skin reactions. Skin reactions are common with VIZIMPRO and can be severe. These skin reactions may include: dry skin, redness, rash, acne, itching, and peeling or blistering of your skin. Use moisturizers every day when taking VIZIMPRO. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing that covers your skin, while exposed to sunlight, while you are taking VIZIMPRO. Your healthcare provider may prescribe other medicines to help skin reactions. Tell your healthcare provider right away about any worsening skin reactions.
The most common side effects of VIZIMPRO include:
- mouth pain and sores
- nail inflammation
- common cold
- dry skin
- decreased appetite
- decreased weight
- dry, red, itchy eyes
- hair loss
These are not all of the possible side effects of VIZIMPRO. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for more information about VIZIMPRO that is written for health professionals.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at